Monday, November 10, 2008

Had to Bank on MS

Hope you guys have had a look at my previous post of an aspirant in me to persue MBA, however life has other plans for me. It was in the month of October that I seriously started looking out for options of doing an MBA, but it was a very unusal time , it was neither a start of an acedemic year not there were universities offering courses having electives in which i had intrest. More over I happened to enquire certain universities which offered certain programs in MBA but these were not recognised by AICTE, the Indian or State Govt. If this was the case how could you ever expect a man life to join such colleges or universities.
Adding to my current position of not able to decide as to what to do, which university to join, which specilization to opt for, I has my fiancee and in laws pressurizing me to join a Master's course before marriage which was on March 01 2009. Eventually this pressure started getting big on me, well its for my own good though, It was at this time I started looking out for other possiblities.
I was always a technical guy, though I was a bit inclined towards mangerial concepts, I thought let me move ahead and bring out a core techie in me. Eventually I came across a website http://www.rvcct.ac.in/ from Mangalore University who had just started offering courses in MS through distance education. The reason for looking into distance eduction was that i had no option of doing a masters degree at a regular college as I could not quit my job. I started to take a detailed look at this site and which appealed to me, I mean the Course that the offer and the way in which they offer. At this juncture, one of my friends during engineering days showed intrest in the same. It was at this time I decided instantly it should be now or never. We both joined hands and contacted the concerned person at RV Teachers college (the office of this program) and spoke to the course co-orinator / Director. Everthing seemed ok and without wasting much time, I decided to join the course in Mobile Communication and Internet Technology. The University assured all the required acemedic support would be provided by RV college of engineering, Mysore road.

This was how the transition of an aspirant in MBA became a student of MS. Now am Pradeep Kumar, BE, (MS). Sounds Good Isint it.

No comments: