Saturday, October 27, 2007

Engineering Days!!! - Life turned around.

Well I am a guy who was a bit casual in approach towards life. Also was a average kind of a student. I had finished my diploma In electronics with flying colours, and always wished to be an engineer. Life had other prioritues at this point of time when I finished diploma, financial position was not very great and I was not very comfortable with this sort of position. Its a age when u r so young and people around ur age are having a spend thrift kind of a life. Though my parents gave me more than enought I always had a feeling that it was never enough. This was a time when I have finished diploma and engineering was on my mind , but I gave it a back seat to earn some bucks. I joined my first job for a meagre amount but this brought so much happiness that I had my own earning now. But still I was not called a graduate and this was bothering me. People aroung me had writtern me off as I was not a graduate and not a super brilliant kind of a student. This used to hurt me a lot. I wanted to do engineering but also did not want to lose out on earnings. Also I was in no position to get a seat other than a merit seat. Well too many things on my mind, and so many decisions to make.
It was at this time I gave a break to my studies for a year or so, and I did this with a intension. I wanted to do engineering on the contrary also not to lose out on the earning that I had already started. I opted to do my engineering in evening college, which would solve all problems. But the problem was getting a seat in evening college in bangalore was a bigger challenge than getting admission in regular college. This was because we had only 2 colleges offering evening BE unlike other hundreds of colleges offering regular BE. My parents did suggest me to join regular college, but I took my FIRST OWN DECISION of joining BE in evening college. Everyone around ridiculed me, that it was a crap decision and Engineering was no childs play. They said people find it so tough to do it in regular classes and I being a average student could no way complete it in evening college. People have wiered and strange notions of studying in evening colleges. Adding to it even my parents did not have faith in me getting a seat in Engineering and they had clearly indicated payment seats was out of question.
I was firm on my decision, In spite of all these odds I took CET (Entrance test in karnataka). Guess what I got the 18th rank in CET and got a total merit seat in Karnatakas most prestegious college, the first college of Engineering in karnataka, the college where the whole world looks up to, A diamond in Bangalore university i.e University Vishveshwaraya College of engineering (UVCE) KR Circle bangalore. It was dream come true for me and my parents as well. That one year of work exp I had already was a key factor for me to join evening college, as 1 year exp was needed to join evening college. With butterflies in my stomach and with a sense of accomplishment in heart I went and joined this college (UVCE), which the world recognizes, WOW!!!, Now I was a part of one of the best institutions. Now that I had joined BE , was a bit worried as to how I would manage work and college. It so rightly said fortune favours the brave, I happened to switch jobs and my boss at this new work place was a sweetheart. He used to allow me leave the office premisis by 4:30 pm everyday and I used to reach college by 5pm.
Friends - what can I say, words seems so insufficient. I was also a kinda worried what kind of people I may have to study with and this being a evening college the age group was a bit relaxed. But guess wat it was fantastic group of friends and everyone from differnet parts of karnataka between age group of 20 - 23 who were equally good in all aspects and guys who have taken life as a challenge. Everyone had similar kinda story behind which had let them to persue BE here at the UVCE. We were a class of 60 and everone so very practical and so mature in their behavior, so willing to help each other and everyone funding their own studies. Yes so was I , was earning and funding my engineering. I did complete ,my engineering with my money, this is another accomplishment.
Was managing work and college equally well, people slowly started taking a look and that was when I started making people turn their heads around and show what I was made off. Not only I started putting heart and sole in my studies,because it was hard earned seat in engineering and I would not let that go a waste. I had to work, go to college, study etc. This part of my life taught me how to manage time and and make the best use of it. Not only work , college and studies, I also statred to take part in Quiz and other competations in college and UVCE is a happening place. Also took part in cultural events and slowly started organizing events. All these brought the all round development in me and excel as a better human.
With all the time constraints we guys never used to miss out on any oppurtunity of enjoying life, maybe be bunking classes and playing cricket, making fun of teachers and getting kicked out of classes, pulling each other legs for funs, all those birthday parties and birthday bums, late night hang arounds, all those love stories - make ups and break ups, all those trips that we used to have after each semester , those trekking days , all those gossipping that used to happen at college canteen , all those last minute preparatons for internals and exams , I CALL THIS LIFE AT ITS BEST- THE MOST HAPPIEST DAYS TILL DATE.
In spite of all these I came out with a distinction in my engineering - Life had changed by now. An engineer who had completed engineering with a distinction against all odds and to show the world that life can be lead this way aswell.
All this are wonderful wonderful memories which brings in a moment of tear and joy when u remember those days when u toiled to aceive what u have aceived. WOW!!! these were my engineering days expeirince where my life truely turned around. now I was called Pradeep Kumar, BE.

No comments: